Services are Provided in All 50 States
Echelon Services' One on One Youth/Adolescent Mentor Program advocates, promotes and provides resources to youth between the ages of 5-19. The goal is to improve their overall level of functioning with a particular focus on social skills building, improving interpersonal life skills, anger management and other needed areas. Our caring and professional mentors partner with our youth to help them as they go through; challenging life transitions, dealing with stressful changes at home, school, and community.
Our mentors work with youth and families through intensive mentoring services, which are tailored to meet their individual needs for as long as services are needed. Our mentors are diligent in building trusting relationship and are positive role models demonstrating care, concern, honesty, and respect.
The program is designed to help youth in the following areas:
• Improve socialization skills
• Building a positive self-esteem
• Taking responsibility of their actions
• Improve school performance
• Improving anger management skills
According to youth.gov, mentoring is often one component of a program that involves other elements, such as tutoring or life skills training and coaching. The supportive, healthy relationships formed between mentors and mentees are both immediate and long-term and contribute to a host of benefits for mentees.
Benefits for Youth
• Increased high school graduation rates
• Lower high school dropout rates
• Healthier relationships and lifestyle choices
• Better attitude about school
• Higher college enrollment rates and higher educational aspirations
• Enhanced self-esteem and self-confidence
• Improved behavior, both at home and at school
• Stronger relationships with parents, teachers, and peers
• Improved interpersonal skills
• Decreased likelihood of initiating drug and alcohol use