A homemaker/companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
· Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms
· Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries
· Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
· High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred
· Completion of a written Competency Evaluation
· Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
· Clear tuberculosis test results
· Valid AZ Fingerprint clearance card
· Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile